Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Sound So Sweet

I am greatly anticipating the Deo Cantamus autumn performance at Fourth Baptist Church of Plymouth, Minnesota!  "How Sweet the Sound" is open to the public for its one-night presentation on October 23, 2010 at 7 pm!

Deo Cantamus isn't truly affiliated to WCTS.  However, you could say there is some connection... sort of.  In the past, both Kimball Cummings and Steve Davis have been in the chorale, and while I don't know for sure, I think they will be in this upcoming performance as well.  Also, it will be held at the same locale as the station studios since WCTS, Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Fourth Baptist Church & its Christian School are housed in the same building.

I had the privilege of interacting some with the Dr. Bauder, who is the president of Central Seminary, and his wife during the Sharathon.  In one of our conversations, Mrs. Bauder mentioned that their son has composed one of the numbers that will be performed!  My interest is piqued, and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

In years past, the musicale has been a wonderful experience, filled with songs of worship & praise to our Lord.  Each performance is unique, and I have high expectations for "How Sweet the Sound."  I'm sure it will not disappoint.


Praise ye the LORD.
Sing unto the LORD a new song,
and his praise in the congregation of saints.
~ Psalm 149:1 ~

No comments: