Monday, August 1, 2011

A Call for Sharathon 2011 Volunteers

Perhaps right now you are as I was several years ago.  I had a deep interest in in the WCTS sharathon and things pertaining to it, but was unaware of the things I could do to help.  I mean, yes, I knew the station was (and still is) listener supported, and I could help monetarily with any size gift, but I didn't know about the things I could do during the sharathon that would help in a physical way as well.  I guess I just figured they probably had all the help they would need with the station's staff and with those whom they are directly affiliated (Central Seminary and Fourth Baptist Church).  But then they opened a comment line for listener's who would like to call in a comment, either an oral note to the staff so they could know how much the station is appreciated or something that could also be played on the air during the sharathon.  Well, I thought that was great, and so I called the mentioned number with my comment.  While I was listening to the recording's instructions, I noted that they were also open to people leaving their name and number if they were interested in volunteering some of their time to help with the sharathon.  That was very exciting to me because I had visited the station during a sharathon as a homeschool field trip several years prior, and it had been fascinating.  You could rightly guess that I did leave my name and number for sure!  And I have been helping out with each sharathon ever since!

This year, I want to let it be known that WCTS can use any time you can give them during the sharathon.  They have sign up sheets for that Monday-Friday, September 19-23, 2011, for the phone lines, which they need people for 4 phone stations from 7 am to 7 pm.  The time slots are for 2 hour periods (7-9 AM, 9-11 AM, et cetera), but you wouldn't be limited to only 2 hours, of course!

If you would like to help with Sharathon 2011, you can drop me a note through my profile because I'll be helping coordinate the volunteers this year.  I'll be looking forward to seeing you then!

No comments: