Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An Original Listener to Take Your Call

Nancy
There is an original listener volunteering here in Phone Central, and I'm so pleased to have her here!  I'm not so sure Nancy is all that pleased with me though, after Matthew's embarrassing her on the air.  Of course, embarrassing just means that he mentioned she was an original listener, which she doesn't feel is equitable.  You see, her perspective is that she was just a little girl and was listening because her mom had it on.  She also thinks it makes her sound old even though it was mentioned that she was just a tot when the station came on the air.  Does she look old to you?  No, I didn't think you'd think so, either.

So maybe you're wondering how it came to be that her displeasure is directed towards me.  Well, it was I who had mentioned it to Matthew, and I knew that because I'm her niece, which means I can quite definitely say that not only does she not look old but that she is just not old at all!   I'm also the one who has been pleading for her to come in, and then I went and did something like this.  And now I'm posting a pic to boot!  My only excuse is that I thought you all might think it's as cool as I do.  I'm thrilled to have my Aunt Nancy here, and I think it's neat that she's an original listener, and I think it's sweet that she came in even though WCTS doesn't come in to well in her area.

As you can see, my aunt is truly enjoying her time on the phone.   And there really isn't any displeasure directed at me, she loves me and knows I'm prone to do things like this.  So I hope you enjoyed Matthew's comments because I know I sure did!  In reality, I think my aunt did, too.  It might have been "embarrassing" but she was laughing the whole time.

No comments: