Thursday, September 22, 2011

You'd Like to Make a Pledge?

I'm not on the phones too much this year because we've been abundantly blessed with volunteers. I enjoy taking calls so much that there have actually been a few times where I've found myself wishing I was taking a call instead of listening to one side of the conversation. I suppose I could just say I'd like to take a call, but things are just going so smoothly and everyone else is having such a wonderful time, that I don't. The nice thing is that I've had to make a dash to another phone when that "extra" call comes in, so I thank you for calling! But perhaps you're wondering just what one of these conversations might be like. Well, let me tell you...
Good morning! WCTS Sharathon -- how may I help you?

You'd like to make a pledge? That's wonderful! Okay, may I get your name ... and what's your address? Alright! I'll also need your phone number.

We'd like to know if this is your first time giving. No? Then let me thank you so much for continuing to support this ministry! (Or - It is? How marvelous! Thank you so much!)

And how much would you like your gift to be? Okay, and how would you like to give - would you like it to be split quarterly or bi-annually or just a one-time gift all at once? And will this be by check or credit card. Credit card, alright... Yes, we take Visa, Discover, or Master Card. May I get the number? And we'll also need the security code. Right, those last 3 digits on the back side of the card. Thank you!

Lastly, did you have any comments you'd like to make? Oh, that's sweet. Yes, thank you, I'm writing that down ... I feel the same way.

Thank you so much for calling! It's been so nice talking to you. Have a blessed day!
As you can imagine, conversations are never quite the same, so the above varies of course. And sometimes we'll have to ask for spellings or we'll repeat something back just to double check. It also depends on the person taking the call, because we each like to do things differently. We each have a slip in front of us to fill out, so the "script" is basically the same. And it's a lot of fun!

No comments: